torsdag 4. desember 2008

100 burpees for time..in the freggin dark!

Almost skipped my workout today. Almost.

Then I decided to switch my normal Thursday workout out with the 100 burpee challenge.

Got on my bike, headed to the gym, got warmed up, started the camera, started the time, banged out 14 burpees, 13 burpees and then....total darkness...

Fun way to find out that the lights automatically switch off at 21.30..:) Well, I was not about to stop and change location so I finished my 100 burpees in the dark.

My time was 8min 18sec and my average heart rate was 168BPM (90% of my max heart rate). Not a great time but I was really wasted after.

I tried a declining ladder of burpees; 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 5, and I am not sure it helped.

I have only done this challenge 3 times. My first time I did a pyramid, from 1 up to 10 and down again in 8min 10sec, my second time I did 30-20-10-10-10-10-10 outside in the winter, time was almost 10min and I nearly damaged my lungs.

This workout will give you a great challenge no matter who you are... Just remember to jump high, hit the chest to the floor and go fast!

Ingen kommentarer: